23.6.15

Jonah's Baptism


On Sunday we celebrated Jonah's Baptism into the Catholic church. As Catholics, we view this sacrament as one of the most important events in a persons life as they are brought into the earthly family of the church, and the heavenly family of God.
For us as parents, it is a solemn and personal occasion in which we vow to bring our child up within the faith and to teach him to love and serve God. I hold this responsibility as high as I do my marriage vows.


I was speaking to Eddy's sister about the importance of our Christian faith over the weekend. In a world where Christians are literally being beheaded for their faith right now, it has never been more vital to remain steadfast and unwavering in our faith.
 The sense of Christians standing united was on my mind a great deal as we entrusted our little Jonah to God during his Baptism. 
We are blessed more than we know for the gift of simply being able to get to church on a Sunday and I want our family to always know how lucky we are to have our faith. 


On occasions like this I am reminded of that beautiful quote from Les Miserables "To love another person is to see the face of God." It has encouraged me to show kindness to whoever I meet and to endeavour to be loving towards everyone I see. It is a sentiment I hope to pass on to my boys as they grow: To be courageous and kind and to follow Christ in their hearts and minds.

 

It was a really wonderful day for our family and as a mummy, quite an emotional one too. 
I thought it would be good to share some snaps of the Baptism with you, as it is so central to our spiritual life. 

(Jonah's Godparents trace the sign of the cross on his forehead)

 

 (Jonah is Baptised with holy water)

  
(Jonah's Godfather lights his Baptismal candle)





 



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig