21.7.16

26 weeks pregnant



Hello and welcome to another pregnancy update! I feel as though these updates are coming about so thick and fast at the moment, I seem to blink and it's time to capture more pictures of my growing bump again!

This past week has been all about summer plans for us as we have organised our holidays and generally started planning of for what is shaping up to be a very busy summer season ahead! Ironically, I do keep having to remind myself that we are expecting a baby late in October and to not keep filling the diary with too many things come late October!

This week has been really pleasant. As I'm typing this we are experiencing a gorgeous heatwave that has us feeling as though we are in the south of France!- If only we had an outdoor pool for days like this!
 I've been feeling generally really well in myself although a few new pregnancy symptoms are starting to creep in-more on that later! But hey ho, the sun is shining, baby is kicking away, life is good and we have lots to be thankful for!


Total weight gain: Mmmm....Well i've started weighing myself at the gym recently as it's so convenient and i've been going so regularly. However, those scales have been extremely friendly and there is definitely a good few pounds difference between their readings and our scales at home! I'm a bit confused to be honest but i'm not going to lie, I don't mind one bit! My new favourite scales seem to say I've gained just over a stone in total, so about 16lbs...ish.  But also it occurred to me that I have been working out quite a bit more lately and swimming lots too, so perhaps i've been burning more fat than I realised....though bump wise, you'd hardly know!

Sleep: The past few nights Jonah has slept through and I feel like a new woman! I'm really trying not to get too worried about sleep because, let's be honest, it's all downhill from here! Lol! I know I'm definitely hitting that stage where comfort relies on me wedging pillows in and around my bump and legs though- it's not glamorous in the slightest but it seems to be working for now!


Best moment this week: I think just starting to get really excited about summer has been a highlight for me this week. It's our fourth wedding anniversary today and to mark it we are having a weekend away and attending a dear friend's wedding too. Needless to say, I am very excited for both events and also for a couple of nights of pure, uninterrupted sleep as our kiddos are sleeping over at Grandmas!

Miss anything? Not really! Pregnancy wise I can't really bend down very easily so that can be a bit tricky with lifting the kids or tying my own laces, but it's all just a phase and at the rate with which this pregnancy is flying, I know the time is going to zoom by!

Movement: Feeling lots of stronger kicks, jumps and rolls. This week I've really noticed the baby turning over and pushing his back out in the direction of my tummy- It doesn't feel very comfortable but it is amazing when I stop and just feel him in action.


Food cravings: Boy oh boy, it's just food in general! I am so hungry all the time and I really can't go for too many hours without eating something. It's always been the same with my other pregnancies though so I know my appetite will calm down postpartum.

 Gender: boy!

Symptoms: I've been feeling a lot more breathless this week which I equate to the baby just growing and really starting to squash my lungs and stomach. If I slouch it makes it quite hard to inhale deeply and it also takes quite a while for the sensation to pass. This week I've really just noticed the baby feels bigger, stronger and longer for sure! When feeling my tummy I can make out his back and sometimes arms or legs and they are sizeable! My pregnancy app compares the baby's size to a papaya weighing between 1.4-2.2 lbs and measuring between 13 and 15 inches in length. So yeah, he's definitely starting to chunk out.

Belly button in or out: Out!


Wedding rings on or off: On!

Looking forward to: Celebrating our wedding anniversary and an exciting weekend away!

I think that is everything for this week's update, don't forget to check in next week for my 27 week update! Have a great week everybody!


Love,





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig