6.3.17

Pretty Journals




Ever since I can remember, I have always had some sort of journal or diary on the go. Somewhere to write down childhood secrets, thoughts, ideas. A place to pray, reflect and to do a lot of doodling! As time has passed, those old journals have now become a gateway into the perspective I had as a child and I find it fascinating (and deeply nostalgic) re-reading over those scribbled entries now, years later.

I've sort of dabbled with writing an everyday account this past decade but it has only been in these last two years that I have kept it up solidly. It's something I am so glad I continued because my journals are now full of details and memories marking some of the most poignant moments in my life to date...namely, following my pregnancies and having our babies!



For some reason though, I seem to have notebooks coming out of my ears. I suppose over time I have become a bit of a magpie whenever I've spotted a pretty one in a shop. Homesense always have gorgeous, discounted ones in stock and I recently did a mini-haul there where I picked up a few new ones for literally just a couple of pounds each. 

With spring on the horizons, I really wanted a couple of notebooks in pastel shades that I could have 'out' on display and as a place to quickly write lists and reminders when I'm in a hurry. I found a couple of really gorgeous pastel pink notebooks and I have been using them nearly every day!

Sometimes it's simply  happy little discoveries that bring a smile and finding these notebooks on what was a dull, miserable day definitely brought a smile to my face.



Do you enjoy journaling?

Love,

























Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig