18.3.18

A Mother's Day Trip With Joules | Part 3





One of the absolute highlights of our time in Watergate Bay last week had to be our afternoon visit to Padstow and the gorgeous dinner that followed in a little Italian, Rojano's, tucked away behind one of the little streets. It's funny because just like with Watergate Bay, Padstow feels like a real home from home for me- Again, I suppose it's because I've been coming back for so many years now but I never tire of the quirky little shops and the seaside character that fills the place- most especially in the summer season where the streets are a hive of activity!


We had a few hours to mill about, snapping the local fishing boats moving about the harbour and indulging in a little retail therapy (in none other than Padstow's very own Joules shop!) It was actually so nice to see Padstow in a totally different light being out of high season. In fact, one of the first things I noticed was the peace that seemed to echo all around-I suppose when you're not conscious of having to dodge the thick crowds, you can actually appreciate what's around you a bit more. 
 It was certainly Padstow, but not at all as I knew it and I think witnessing it in the calm of low season got me imagining more than ever, what it must be like to live here. Serenity indeed!


Everywhere you look, beautiful pastel cottages decorate the streets and as a blogger, I have to say it's probably one of the most photogenic English towns I've ever visited! And when the sun sets over the harbour and the colours of the sky dance in the rippling water, it really is a magical place to be, with or without the crowds!


We spent a good while just taking everything in, meandering about and snapping everything from the gorgeous architecture to the animated seagulls (who certainly wouldn't miss an oppertunity to 'rescue' a solitary chip from the pavements!)- They've definitely hit the jackpot living in this seaside town!


I didn't want our evening in Padstow to end, but like all good things, we finished up with the most delicious feast at Rojano's before catching our taxi's back to the hotel.
Our final day came around and it was bright and beautiful as ever. None of us wanted to leave and those of us that could, squeezed in a little morning swim before reluctantly packing up to head to the airport.


I took myself off for a few moments to capture some of the gorgeous open spaces the Hotel boasts,  and I made a mental note there and then to come back with Eddy sometime soon! He would fall in LOVE with it every bit as much as I have.


It was SUCH a pleasure to spend a few days with some of the loveliest bloggers in the community and also to have some quality time with my sister too. I don't think I've ever had a Mother's Day celebration quite like this!
I said it before but I really think the best way to describe Watergate Bay Hotel is that it's like a haven; a physical and mental retreat away from everything. Just the luxury of waking to the sounds of rolling waves puts you in the loveliest frame of mind, as do the staff who immediately make you feel at ease like a friend instead of a customer- it's just such a wonderful environment to rest and revive the spirit- or indeed to take advantage of the whole array of activities available!

I couldn't have picked a lovelier bunch of ladies to celebrate an early Mother's Day treat with either, I  would definitely recommend giving these gorgeous bloggers a follow if you don't already!
Amber-Rose- Amber-Rose Photography Blog
Anna- Blossoming Birds
Rebecca- Roses and Rolltops
Rachel- The Ordinary Lovely
Emily- Brickdust&Glitter

A big thanks to Joules again for hosting us and for creating the most awesome experience too!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig