3.10.15

Autumn/Winter Lookbook



Being October now, I think it’s safe to say that autumn is in full swing. We don’t have to look far to see the beautiful colours of the season saturating our landscapes with vibrance. It’s a gorgeous time of year here in England where we still get to enjoy some warmth from the sun and celebrate the fruits of summer.

Feeling inspired by the glorious change of season, I have been rifling through my clothing to ‘curate’ a few looks that would suit an autumn/winter lookbook. I can’t tell you how long I have wanted to do one of these!

There are some really stunning video lookbooks already on Youtube and you honestly don’t have to look far to be hit with style ideas for the next few months. We have put together a little video to sit with this post which you can view below. Like all our videos, we are gently trying to carve our own identity within the huge expanse of talent that makes up Youtube. It might not be what you are expecting to see, but for us, we really felt this would offer more of a culmination and expression of our style in response to the changing season.

  I wanted this to be inspiring, fun and above all, light hearted. It’s taken a good bit of planning, collaborating not only with my sister but a truly wonderful Irish jewellery and accessories business; Lines & Current. I recently blogged about Lines & Current, (here) so do have a read to find out more about the brand, the ethos and the serious talent behind this label. 


And so to begin...This outfit is a bit of a nod to my growing fascination with prints and 'folk' patterns which seem to be everywhere. I've teamed an Asos tunic with a brown fedora hat and my Hobbs boots. Whilst the tunic is much more oversized than I expected it to be, it's actually quite nice and billowy on. I also love how  rich and vibrant the colours are! 




 This second look I have cheerfully dubbed as my ‘detective chic’ outfit! I got this coat from Asos last winter when I was heavily pregnant but didn’t get much of a chance to wear it as a result. However, this year I will definitely be wearing it a lot! I love how quickly it can smarten an outfit up and I particularly love wearing it with jeans. Whilst the shops bring out new takes on a classic coat each year, I will be hanging on to this one for a long time. It's warm, structured and the navy colour is really wearable.





This look is one I have also been loving lately. It’s a real mishmash of brands and styles but I’ve always enjoyed an eclectic vibe and this one somehow reminds me of my younger self. The skirt and top are both relatively new whilst my boots are old New Look ones. I've had these for a couple of years and they're still going strong. My Gilet was a present from a couple of years ago, it's from Next and I have been happily wearing this every season since!








This look is one of my favourite casual outfits for this time of year. Again, I bought the cape last year from New Look and find it just goes with everything! If you hadn't already guessed it, I am a big fan of burgundy in the fall (or really any time of year!) I love just throwing this cape on for an extra layer in the colder weather. Sadly, they don't seem to have it online any more, instead I've linked to a few others that I have my eye on though! My jeans and boots are as before and my top is from Joules.





Rosie has an amazing sense of style and I always think it comes into its own in the winter months! In this first outfit she is teaming her gorgeous Hobbs jumper with her black skinny jeans. Her coat is from H&M last year which seemed to go down a storm as I remember it selling out pretty fast at the time! I love her Jones boots in the autumn and frequently borrow them. (Shh!) They're the ultimate comfy, yet stylish chelsea boot and, like most leather products, I think age and wear makes them look even better! Her sunglasses are by Lines & Current and for me, they just bring the whole look together really well. Understated and beautiful!






In this look, Rosie has swapped her coat out for a lighter jacket. This is an old one by Miss Selfridge but the colour remains a classic go-to in these autumnal months. She is also rocking the Lines & Current sunnies and a necklace from them as well.





Here, Rosie has teamed her gorgeous knee length skirt with a casual grey long sleeved top. I really like the simplicity of this look which, along with the jewellery and accessories from Lines and Current, bring the outfit together beautifully. 





And finally, to bring these looks to life we have created a little video for you! We really hope you like it! If you do, we would really appreciate you clicking on the thumbs up sign and subscribing to our Youtube channel. 

A special thank you to Rebekah from Lines & Current who has collaborated with us in this post. We have had so much fun working with her and I know we will treasure her beautiful designs for years!


Bunty
xXx







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig