7.10.15

Cosy Autumn days with Laura Ashley



There's nothing quite like being able to light a fire in the evenings at this time of year. I just love being able to gather close and warm chilled hands whilst watching a display of flickering flames and hearing the crackling logs burn. 


Undeniably, there is something really cosy about preparing the home for the winter months. I always think bringing out the heavier blankets and rugs are all part of the fun and mark that transition as we wait, armed with our layers, to greet the cooler weather. 



Personally, nothing compares to snuggling down in a warm blanket as the cold English nights draw in. The lighting is dimmed and the orangey fire takes on an ethereal glow, filling the room with the dancing shadows of the flames. I especially love it when you can hear the rain lashing against the windows outside, safe in the knowledge that we are cosy and warm, sipping our hot chocolates and relaxing with the family. 
Bliss isn’t it?!


Replicating that picture perfect English fireside scene is made easy for us with Laura Ashley’s new range of home furnishings and accessories. I have chosen a few personal favourite pieces from their autumn/winter range that really bring my fireside scene to life. To me, they represent that classic, English look that never loses relevance in the family home. 


Combining style and practical elegance, this beaded edge mirror tray caught my eye straight away. I love everything about its design, and subtle 'nod' towards the glamorous art deco era. 


Whilst this would sit perfectly on a dressing table, I felt it also really accentuated our lounge space and helped to reflect the diminishing light of the evening. It's a little touch of luxury that you find in a quality piece that adds a bit of polish and charm to your surroundings.



No bleak midwinter scene would be complete without layers of warm, fluffy blankets to keep the chill at bay. I have fallen in love with Laura Ashley's Dartmoor faux fur throw which is the ultimate accessory for hibernating in front of the fire this season. Noah particularly took a shine to this gorgeous throw and happily carried it into the lounge for a snuggle before bedtime. 



This really is such a luxurious, beautiful throw which could find a loving spot in any home. I think I will have to pop ours at the end of our bed as winter sets in- I can hardly wait! 







Of course, the one thing everybody needs in front of a fire is a log basket, preferably full to the brim! I could hardly pass up the chance to have one of these next to our fireplace. This large, rattan round basket surprised me with its generous proportions and already my mind began wondering about its various possible uses. For the time being it is the ultimate chic fire-wood holder, emphasising that country cottage look that I just adore.



I have used these three seasonal essential pieces of Laura Ashley's new collection to show you how easy it is to infuse a touch of autumnal charm into your home. I love how practical and versatile Laura Ashley's home furnishings are and often think there are a million different ways I could use each of these pieces around the home.


I hope you enjoyed this post and feel inspired to get your own living space autumn ready too! I have linked to all the specific products above, but here's another quick list if you missed them:


We have produced a short film to accompany this post and bring to life the whole scene. I hope you enjoy this and it fuels your creative juices!
If you would be kind enough to pop over to our youtube channel and give us a thumbs up and hit the subscribe button, we would be ever so grateful!

Love Bunty
xXx




*I have worked in association with Laura Ashley on this collaborative post. Whilst I was kindly gifted the product mentioned, all opinions expressed are authentic and representative of Bunty Living.
















Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig