27.2.14

Dads birthday

On Tuesday we celebrated my Dad's birthday and it was extra special as I got to be with him on his birthday for the first time in what feels like years! Although half the family were missing (two of my brothers away at Uni and my older sister and her family unable to make it down), the rest of us had a great time feasting on our local Indian takeaway and finishing it off with a large chocolate birthday cake! I am so thankful for my Dad and everything he stands for, he never EVER treats himself to things or shops for himself and has spent his life dedicating his time and efforts to his family and to us, his children. It's just so lovely to see him being spoiled a little bit on his birthday and to see the love our family shares for him. In true Wheelan birthday tradition, after the birthday candles have been blown out on the cake, we relight them so that my little sister and my two disabled brothers can have a go at blowing them out! They love this part of the celebration as we turn the lights out and present them with the glowing candles!



























Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig