15.12.15

Oh Christmas tree!





There's something really magical about decorating the home for Christmas.
This year we are decorating our new home and I have felt really inspired to re-invent pieces we already own and transform them into Christmas decorations. 
In trying to economise with spending money on Christmas decorations, I decided to do a little project involving a quick little sketch of a christmas tree on this vintage cupboard door.


 I picked this door up at the end of summer at a local home accessories shop back in Devon. For months the shop owners had used this door as a blackboard to advertise their Annie Sloan workshops and I had had my eye on it for such a long time. Sadly it was never for sale! However, one lucky afternoon when I popped into Source for The Goose, to my amazement, they were selling it off and I couldn't resist buying it in the hopes of making some shabby chic project out of it. 




Since we moved into the new house, I have had this sitting blank on our sideboard but I thought it would make a nice little backdrop for a Christmassy drawing or Christmas carol extract. In the end, I decided to sketch a tree and keep it really simple against the black paint. 


Being painted with blackboard paint, this is such an easy piece to update and change every so often. I think come January, I will be scouring through Pinterest to find further inspiration for my little blackboard door!

How's the decorating going in your home?
All excited for Christmas?

Love Bunty
xXx












Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig