16.11.16

Reviewing the Mothercare Orb pram



Choosing the right pram for your newborn can be quite a daunting task, especially for new parents entering into the world of baby products for the first time! I remember feeling quite baffled about it all myself when we had our first baby, Noah. These days there are such a variety of clever and innovative designs available to buy and they all have varying strengths such as amazing suspension, or convenience as an all in one travel system...it's little wonder why half the battle is knowing exactly where to begin with choosing the right pram that's going to work for your family.




Three babies later, I feel I have definitely tried my hand at a fair few designs and yet I still get excited about new releases, they just seem to get better and better!
Since baby Joshua arrived, we've been working with Mothercare who have kindly sent us some newborn essentials to review and when I first laid eyes on the Orb pushchair, I knew I was going to love it.





Firstly, this is a really sleek and beautiful design. We were sent the special edition Orb which features some luxurious touches such as the leatherette bumper bar and handle and the quilted sheepskin trim cosytoe for the toddler seat and, not to mention, the beautiful chrome finish of the chassis. In terms of aesthetics, this design ticks a lot of boxes for me. It looks really lovely and is super easy to clean-(especially as the wheels can be popped off at the push of a button), making this pram ideal for country rambles!

Speaking of off-road adventures, the suspension on this pram is by far the best I've ever experienced in a pram. The design just cushions every bump and I've noticed how baby Joshua hardly ever startles when we are out and about in this pram. He really doesn't seem to be aware of the bumpy ride, even when we are on uneven surfaces as the suspension totally takes the hit for him. Honestly, for me this is such a winning factor because there's nothing worse than your little newborn being rudely awoken en- route to your destination! It's nice to know he's content and happy in this pram and it gives me confidence as a parent knowing that my baby can still have quality sleep even when we are on the go!







Another feature I love about this pram is that it has a unique one-hand rotation which offers forward facing and parent facing positioning without having to physically lift and turn the bassinet around. This really is a brilliant feature as it spares you time if you're on the go with a toddler who wants a change of view! With prams in the past, I have definitely found myself in the awkward position of having to turn the toddler seat around to please my little one, but in the most awkward of places, such as the local highstreet!- Not ideal when you have to drop everything! I love how the Orb totally caters towards that and just for ease of use, it really takes the work out of lifting bulky parts.




Another aspect I love about the Orb's design is the on/off push brake action. Releasing the brakes requires the same push action so you don't end up with scuffed shoes! I tell you, it's the small details which make such a difference!


Being quite a tall couple, Eddy and I were also really impressed with the adjustable height of the handle bar on the Orb. So often we find the bar is just that little bit too short for us and the last thing you want is to be having to slouch as you push your pram. The orb has excellent height adjustment and will cater to most people (including children) quite effortlessly. 


All in all, we have absolutely loved using this pram so far. It folds down very neatly and is surprisingly space saving in the boot of a car, yet when it is in use, the pram feels extremely sturdy and reinforced. Somehow it manages to cater to all scenarios and I think that, alongside its versatility is why I would rate this pram up there as one of my all time favourites!


Without a doubt, I would definitely recommend the Orb to any new parents! You really can't go wrong with its sleek design, ease of use and the clever finishings that just make life a bit easier. 

If you'd like a closer look, click here to pop over to the Mothercare website and check out the Orb where you can view all the different colours and finishes that are also available.

I hope you found this review helpful, especially if you are on the hunt for a new pram- this one is definitely worth a look at!

Love,




*We were kindly gifted the Orb by Mothercare for the purposes of this review. However, all opinions expressed are my own. I would not recommend a product to you that I would not be willing to purchase myself.

























Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig