13.4.17

4 Happy Little Things






F I N D I N G   J O Y   I N   T H E   E V E R Y D A Y 

We all go through struggles in life and one of the things I have learned along the way is the importance of taking a 'step back' now and again and purposefully thinking about all the good things in my life. Not only does it change your perspective on situations but it helps you to remain more positive when difficulties do arrive.
Regardless of circumstance, there is always something we can pick out of our day, however small, which made us feel joyful. Being more mindful of those little golden rays speckled throughout the day can do wonders for chasing away gloomy clouds! 
 I have a few little bits and bobs which I've rounded up for this month's 'favourites' and I wanted to share them all with you as each one has brought me a moment (or two) of real joy!

Brooklyn by Colm Toibin: A love story set in the 1950's that completely captured me. I  totally 'cheated' here and saw the film before reading the book but it's one of those romantic fictions that I really struggled to put down! I won't spoil it for you but basically the story follows Eilis Lacey, a young Irish girl who emigrates to Brooklyn, New York and must leave her family and home behind in order to access real life opportunities on the other side of the world. 
The story contains a beautiful balance between duty and choice, love and tragedy and it totally moved me.
 Have you read the book or seen the film? I spent virtually every evening reading this for a few days straight!

Frilly sleeves: You must have guessed this one was coming, right? The frilly sleeve has been so fun to experiment with. Clothes are never the 'be all and end all' to life but every so often a piece can make you feel good about yourself, even boosting your confidence and these bold sleeves always put a smile on my face- granted, it's mostly a 'laughing at myself smile'  when the boys potter up to me to play with them!

Classic FM: I can't believe I'm typing this because I have always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Classic FM. Yet, more recently I have noticed that when I stop and listen to certain pieces of music, I feel calmer and more relaxed. Music is a wonderful thing and I've always believed that it can transport you into another space, the same way a cracking film score will do. 
Isn't that something to be joyful about?!

Outside play: I can never stress enough how transformative being outside is to your mood, your energy and your mind. If ever I needed encouragement to get outside, I know I am lucky to have boys who want to be out there doing things all day long. Watching the boys enjoy the garden,  scampering about and causing mayhem fills me with happiness and is one of the best 'mood lifters' if ever I'm feeling a bit low.

These have represented some 'little moments of happy' for me recently, what have yours been?

Love,









Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig