24.5.17

Coconut Oil: A Natural Skincare Routine


 


 Coconut oil. It's been around as long as coconuts have and yet here I am writing a blog post, wanting to shout from the rooftops that this is the product that is saving me time, energy and a shed load of money at the moment. AND it actually has so many health benefits, I don't know where to start listing them all...



I've dabbled with using coconut oil as part of my skincare for a long time but, admittedly, I've always been a bit of a magpie and love trying new products so I never really settled into a skincare routine that I have stuck with...even if it was working well.
However, over the past couple of months, I have been trying to make a conscious effort to use more natural-based products and also to make my skincare routine more seamless, less fussy. It probably has a lot to do with my lack of time in the mornings and the fact that I just want to quicken up the process of getting ready for the day altogether. These days, I like having just a couple of products that 'get the job done' as opposed to a thorough routine.

Coconut oil has been making quite a drastic impact on my skin and hair and I am loving it a lot right now. I massage it into my skin every morning and evening and I've noticed how nourished and moisturised it leaves me feeling. It's also a great product to use after shaving and I've found it minimises any irritation and leaves my skin silky soft and summer ready.


I've also been enjoying massaging it into the ends of my wet hair after shampooing. Again it just seems to help lock in moisture and makes brushing through tangles so much easier- and less painful! I think it also leaves my hair noticeably more glossy and shiny but without relying on chemicals so that is a huge plus! (Plus, considering it's a natural oil, it doesn't make my hair look greasy one bit!)- Win!

I think my favourite thing about using coconut oil, whether for cooking or beauty-related purposes, is that it is 100% natural. I know it's good for me and isn't packed full of nasties that I might not necessarily understand the full implications of using over long periods. 
Not only does it smell beautiful, fresh and sweet but it actually improves the texture and look of my skin. Already it has been making a big difference in tackling problem areas such as dry skin...I think I'm going to be sticking with this little pot for the foreseeable!

I love it and I especially love that it is so reasonable to purchase.
Do you incorporate Coconut oil into your beauty regime at all?

Love,












Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig