19.5.16

A little family adventure




I love how much easier it is becoming to do family day trips with the boys now that they are both more mobile and have so much energy to burn! Getting out at the weekend and exploring somewhere new is always something that appeals to me and we are so lucky to have some stunning national trust parks and gardens so close around us!

On Saturday we headed out to Clumber park, a stunning expansive park that you can cycle around and explore till your hearts content! There was a lot to see and do and for a day out with little ones, it really was easy and enjoyable all round.
It was my first time visiting the park and I was't exactly sure initially how well it would cater for tiny tots but on arrival I was immediately put at ease by the friendly staff who were only too happy to point us in the right direction for bicycles, food and playgrounds- what more could a young family want?!

Our boys are such outdoorsy explorers and this park was just the perfect place for Noah to really burn some energy and have a bit of a science lesson too! There were woods to explore, meadows to run through, waterfalls, lakes, wildlife and plenty of strategically positioned ice cream stalls! The combination of cycling for miles up and down hills, breathing in the fresh air and chasing after the 'friendly duckies' had us all quite exhausted when we finally prepared to make our way home!

It's a real place of outstanding natural beauty, heritage and tranquility and I love that it truly has something for everyone. I couldn't help but stop every few metres to take a quick snap of the views and being so impressive, I thought I would share some of my favourites with you...


















If you're ever in the area, I couldn't recommend Clumber park more highly for a family day out this summer- I really enjoyed just being away from the noise and distractions of the world and found myself mentally relaxing as we spent some hours roaming through the countryside!

Have you ever visited Clumber park or anywhere similar? I would love to hear more suggestions for this kind of day out!

Love,




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig