3.5.16

Happy spring days


I've been so enjoying spring recently. Every morning we are woken to the sounds of lambs playing literally just beyond our garden fence and the sunshine fills our home! 
I have found myself pottering about the place, welcoming the change of seasons into our home by adding small touches of seasonal flowers, breaking out the pastel coloured shades from my wardrobe and stepping outside to breathe in the sweet fragrance of freshly cut grass!




Idyllic as it might sound, normal life has been resuming around the glorious show of spring all around us. I feel as though we have been as busy as ever keeping up with the children, learning how to parent them every single day. I'm so aware that we are right at the start of our journey raising our boys and hardly have any of the answers. We persevere, sometimes blindly but little by little our efforts to instill courage, kindness and respect are rewarded when, particularly Noah says or does something that truly amazes us!



One of the things I'm trying to do at the moment is really to rest in the present. I am a terrible one for always living in the future; the what's happening in an hour, five hours, tomorrow...you get the picture! Whilst for me I think it's a way of mentally keeping on top of what's going on in our diaries and lives, sometimes it prevents me from really living in the moment. A personal challenge for myself this month is to just be mindful of the present and to enjoy the little things, especially all those lovely little moments with the children.



I can't really comprehend that we are in May now, that summer is creeping closer and we are moving ever closer to the day when we welcome our newest little babe! But I'm going to live in this spring season and try to appreciate each moment as it comes.
 The children are loving being able to be outside more, running about and exploring their little corner of the world. Nature has a great way of naturally tiring and exercising us and it's just lovely to be able to take advantage of it more now that we're seeing slightly warmer temperatures and the sunshine!

I hope you all have a lovely week, happy May!







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig