23.1.14

Shabby Chic Card


Eddy's Grandparents are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this week! What an amazing achievement! As I was about to pop out to the shops to buy them a card, he suggested I make one instead...so I thought why not!? I'm quite particular when it comes to card designs, I love stylish designs with personality. Having a cupboard full of materials and art supplies, I thought I would give it a go- after all, if a 60th wedding anniversary doesn't warrant creative effort...I don't know what will!

I really liked what I came up with in the end so I thought I'd share with you a step-by-step of how I made the card...if you're interested to know, keep reading!


So these are the materials I started with... A4 white card, hessian, gingham cotton fabric, lace, grey ribbon and pearl trimming. ( I didn't actually use the purple bows in the end, or the brown ribbon )

Step 1: Fold the A4 card in half

Step 2: Cut a piece of hessian to fit the front of the card and glue down with Pva glue.

 
Step 3: Apply Pva glue to one third of the Hessian 

Step 4: Stick a piece of lace onto the glued surface

Step 5: On a separate piece of card draw your message/ design. As you can see I have kept mine VERY simple! Using Pva glue fix this to the card.

Step 6: Glue the pearl trimming onto the surface where the card meets the lace. ( This covers the harsh line of the card)

Step 7: Glue a piece of ribbon on top of the pearl trimming fabric. 

Step 8: Glue another piece of ribbon to the bottom of the drawn design. I have left a slight gap where you can see card beneath the ribbon. Doing this makes the overall design look less rigid and stylistically 'perfect' which adds to my 'homemade chic' look.

Step 9: I felt the bottom half of the card needed balancing with the embellishment of the top half half. I decided to glue a piece of gingham cotton fabric here. The colours are all very complimentary and warm, I have stuck to browns, beiges and creams.

Step 10: Finally, for a touch of sparkle, I have glued a strip of silver glitter ribbon to the surface of the gingham fabric. Et Voila! :)


A really simple home made design with plenty of 'shabby chic' charm...if I do say so myself! :p
Let me know if you would like to see more homemade arty crafty attempts!

Love Bunty
xXx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig