30.1.16

Sleepy slumbers with Harriet Hare designs






As a child, I remember having a great love for my bed. I remember all the imaginative little games I used to play with my sister where we would turn our beds into ‘dens’ and could happily spend hours pretending to be somewhere else in the world- thanks to clever sheet draping and torches!

Moving Noah into his ‘bog boy bed’ was quite significant for me as it coincided with a sense of him growing up and no longer being a baby. I knew this was going to be the bed that would hold sleepy legs after hours spent exploring. I also knew this would probably be the bed to support a worm out little boy after his first day at school, amongst many other ‘firsts' to come. With this in mind, I also wanted to make it look as appealing, cosy and safe as possible to evoke sleepy thoughts and restful nights.



His bed is his castle and I’m so glad that he loves playing in his room, with all the imagination and make-believe I had as a child. As such, it rarely stays neat and tidy for long; it’s part of his curiosity to rifle through all his belongings…at least twice a day! I really enjoy making his bed each day though and resetting it to welcome him at nap time or bedtime later on. However, I did not foresee how one set of bedding in particular could completely turn a boring nap time into such a joy for us all.



Enter: Harriet Hare and her truly exquisite range of bedlinens, cushions and lamps. Born from ‘a desire to create playful yet stylish children’s interiors with emphasis on exceptional quality, thoughtful design and attention to detail’ Harriet Hare has completely won over our family for a quality and design that quite frankly, is second to none. 


When this delightful set arrived for Noah, it was such a pleasure to unwrap each piece one at a time. The delicate tissue paper revealed beautiful cotton bags containing a matching set of the popular Running Hare design duvet cover and pillowcase. The matching Running Hare cushion just makes a beautiful accompaniment to the bedlinen- I was so eager to try these on Noah’s bed!

 


Made from a weave of yarn dyed satin and compact and combed yarns, this fabric is just beautiful to touch. Silky smooth and wonderfully soft-especially on young and delicate skin; I couldn’t believe the finished appearance when I stood back to take in the transformation of Noah’s bed! I'm so in love with the attention to detail of these pieces. Even the button fastenings are produced using luxury mother of pearl instead of the more widely chosen plastic buttons. Details like this one certainly make changing the sheets over a delight instead of a chore!



Needless to say, Noah was more than delighted to jump straight in and play! The Hare design, or 'bunny wabbits' (as he calls them) were of particular interest to him as he snuggled down, counting as many of the little figures as he could. 



I don't know who was more impressed overall, my husband, Noah, or I?! As I walk into Noah's room now to tidy or put away his clothes, I'm greeted with such an inviting bed that it's hard to physically turn my back on it and not dive in for a few minutes of peaceful slumber!

Have you seen the gorgeous Harriet Hare website? Oh, I challenge you not to feel very tempted when you see all of her beautiful pieces!

If you want to have a closer look at the specific products used in this shoot below, I've linked to each of them below:


You can keep up with all things Harriet Hare over at their Facebook page(here)

In the meantime, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Love,




Disclaimer: This is a collaborative post with Harriet Hare. Whilst I was kindly gifted the Duvet cover and Pillowcase for the purposes of this post, all opinions expressed are authentic and representative of Bunty Living. 




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig