23.8.15

A weekend bake


I baked a large Victoria sponge last week, which went down well with the family but I also found it extremely therapeutic to bake. It's a really relaxing activity that gets the whole household into the kitchen to see what that lovely 'freshly baked' fragrance filling the air is all about.



This week, I decided to bake a big chocolate 'super duper' cake in time for this weekend. There was no excuse for it, no birthdays or particular requests- I just really fancied getting my apron on and having a go. I made three separate cakes which I sandwiched together using a mixture of freshly whipped double cream and cocoa powder. 
 I used 8 eggs and their weight in sugar, flour and butter. (Though I eased off on the sugar content) I also added baking powder to really help the cakes rise.


As this cake is made using fresh ingredients, it's best kept in the fridge and consumed within a couple of days. I'm not entirely convinced we are going to get through ours- even if it is temptingly delicious!

I am feeling quite inspired and I really want to have a go at making a 'wedding cake' style cake. Not that I have anyone to bake it for but it's one of those things that I always see and wish I could find an excuse to replicate. I might have to have a go one of these days, just for the fun of it! 

I hope you're all having a beautiful weekend!
Love Bunty
xXx




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig