19.8.15

Let them eat cake!


Last week Eddy kept dropping hints about how much he fancied a slice of his favourite Victoria Sponge! I have to admit that I haven't gotten around to baking in what seems like ages. But with the sun playing hide and seek and the rain pouring in at the window on Sunday afternoon, I decided to go ahead and bake a cake to cheer everyone. 



I've used my mother's recipe which always makes for a deliciously light sponge. Normally it would consist of 4 eggs and their weight in flour, sugar and butter. However, with some hungry boys around, I decided to max this cake out with three tiers. I upped my ingredients to 7 eggs and their weight to ensure I could fill three cake tins.



There's always something so comforting about curling up on the sofa with a hot drink and a slice of something homemade and delicious. With our beach plans being scuppered, it was nice to actually write off the day in a sense, pop a movie on and just enjoy each other's company this way.



Sometimes it is nice to stop and not do too much. I know I have a bit of a guilt complex about having 'down days', I think I just forget that sometimes the kids need to have quiet days and it's good to not have any plans or anything particular to do. Cake is always a great accompaniment to this kind of afternoon and it went down a real treat! I used freshly whipped double cream and lashings of strawberry jam to sandwich the cakes together- delicious!


Looking at the size of it once I had finished the decorating, I was glad it was a Sunday as we all know calories don't count on Sundays!


I hope you're all having a wonderful week!
Love Bunty
xXx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig