5.1.17

Write it down!





One of my resolutions for this year is definitely to be more mindful of writing things down by hand, partly to keep the practise of half decent handwriting and also to get back into letter writing. I think one of the main impacts that social media and smartphones have had on our generation is swapping physical writing as the main mode of written communication, with typing words into a screen. 

When I was at University, I used to really notice how after a long summer holiday, my handwriting would really suffer from not being used on a daily basis. When I think about it, these days I am so conscious that I don't physically write things down as much as I should. I have my daily journal and I love to write a good list of daily goals/shopping essentials but aside from these menial, everyday jottings, I don't really exercise my ability to write anywhere near the amount I used to.


And yes, my writing has suffered! It's pretty terrible at the best of times and so this is the year I am going to make a change! I really want to embrace the gift it is to be able to write by hand (NOT TYPE!) and make a greater effort to do so every day.
With Noah starting school in September, I'm all the more conscious that we will be in the throws of learning the alphabet properly and soon the days of joining our letters and practicing handwriting will be upon us! It will be nice to share that with him and, dare I say it, improve together!


Hope you're having a great week so far!
Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig