22.11.15

Escape to the country



It feels a bit of a novelty being able to light the fire in the evenings and cosy up next to the flickering flames. For me anyway, it is a real treat and joy to have a fire burning, slowly filling our home with the sound of crackling logs and emitting glorious warmth on these freezing cold nights. 

Welcome to the world of fireside accessories! I didn't realise we would need buckets for ash, wood, kindling, matches...you name it!:p



I have to say, it's nice to be able to switch off the telly on an evening and put our phones to the side, just being present and enjoying the here and now. I find just sitting and watching the flames dance is a great way to unwind and relax in true peace and quiet.


Having lived in bustling Birmingham as a student and then Portsmouth last year, I have definitely experienced 'city life' it all its vibrance and colour. But there is nothing like standing outside your front  porch, in the pitch black and being able to hear a pin drop. The peace and serenity all around us is one of my favourite things about living here. Don't get me wrong- I am still terrified of the dark-But i'm willing to put up with that in exchange for the joy we have found in this little country dwelling. 





I hope you've all had a great weekend!? Ours has been busy... to say the least! I'll fill you in with the details tomorrow in my Raising Those Rascals post!


Have a great rest of your Sunday everyone!
Love Bunty
xXx 






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig