21.11.15

Sweet scents


I've always had a bit of a thing for candles. I don't know what it is but I find them to be very calming and soothing- especially at this time of year. Even as I am typing this, our kitchen is lit with several dotted about, flickering and glowing away against the dimmed electric lights. 
The wind is howling outside and I can hear the pitter pattering of rain against the conservatory glass. It's a typical, 'country house in winter' scene: The fire in our snug is lit and I feel cosy and content just popping from room to room, tidying up after the children, straightening the surfaces and just enjoying the end of day quiet that descends as the children sleep upstairs.


I bought these two little candles to keep my (ever diminishing) supply up! They were £4 each from Tesco and they are the cutest, most beautifully scented little tins. For the most part, I keep one on my bedside table and the other downstairs in the kitchen. I especially love burning them when i'm pottering in my room getting ready for bed, and more recently around 3pm when the natural daylight begins to dwindle outside.


I'm so aware that these days it's not hard to spend a small fortune on candles. When exactly did 'designer candles' become a thing? Finding cheap, happy little flickering pots of light is good enough for me and I have to say, these are a great little bargain buy.
  

I thought you might like to take a peek at them when you're next in Tesco- they're so gorgeous!

Love Bunty
xXx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig