14.2.16

Glorious evening


There is nothing like a calm, serene sunset to summon the close of day. The other evening I was struck by how insanely beautiful the world looked as the sun began to descend over the horizon. This peace came over me as I stopped to appreciate the changing light and the glorious golden rays filling the countryside as far as the eye could see.
I have always found being outside in the countryside one of the best ways to relax my mind and de-stress. The air, the sounds, the gentle buzz of life all around. It's such balm for the soul, isn't it?
I sometimes recognise in myself that I get 'trapped inside', even if it is simply because there are household tasks that need to be completed. It's so easy for a whole day to pass and you realise you've barely stopped, let alone managed to get so much as a foot outside! Some days that's just the way it goes, but I know how much better I do feel when i've had time to get out. We are so fortunate to have a beautiful space around us to really take advantage of the countryside and so making the most of it is something I try to really encourage our family in. 
It can begin to feel like a battle to keep the tv off during the day, to not be staring at screens of some sort and to really live in the present moment away from the distractions of social media. For me, the countryside is always such a wonderful antidote to these things and I really hope that I can persevere to bring our boys up favouring muddy puddles and windy walks over the indoors!

When was the last time you really stopped to take in the views?

Love,




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig