2.2.18

Clare Hynes Jewellery | Social responsibility




Accessories are always such a great tool to bring an outfit alive; dress it up, dress it down or simply to convey more of your personality. For me, a bold earring is always my first port of call when accessorizing an outfit. Afterall, statement jewellery has been at the forefront of fashion since forever, it has been a kind of compass directing trends and waves within the fashion world, encouraging millions of people throughout history to be more risk-taking and confident in celebrating personal style.


I gotta say, I've always taken interest in the transformative effect that statement accessories can have on an outfit, it's something that really intrigues me and throughout the seasons, there is ALWAYS an opportunity to use accessories to hone the most basic code of dress, (jeans and a blouse to my mind) and make it glamorous enough to head out in the evening.


I recently discovered the wonderful Jewellery designer Clare Hynes who really understands statement jewellery and creates the most unique and interesting pieces which combine style along with the company's fervent mission towards social responsibility.

I was lucky enough to receive a piece of jewellery from the brand, the Zoe pink and gold earrings which, let me just say now, are divine. They're ULTRA fun, vibrant and have a real celebratory feel to them- they certainly brighten up gloomy morning school- runs to no end!




Inspired by her time living in the Philippines, particularly by the creative talent of local artisans, Clare decided to explore ways of creating a business that could benefit underprivileged communities to create more sustainable livelihoods.

She now works with a community of women in Palanog, Tabloban; teaching them jewellery-making skills and now these women are able to help produce Clares designs, supplementing their own incomes to help forge a more stable future and quality of life.

Clare mentions on her website the beautiful words of her team over in Palanog who say they want "Tabloban to be known for more than poverty and disaster. For the world to see our artistry and what we can offer."


To think my earrings might have been created by one of these talented women kinda blows me away. That each individual piece has a story, that it might have crossed continents just to get to me and could tell a thousand words of its adventures along the way- of that I'm certain!

I feel very grateful and humbled that I get to keep something that I not only love (and think will be a part of my accessories collection for years to come) but that has been made with a social conscience too. That it's very existence has benefitted somebody else's family and has created an oppertunity for growth in their community.

I can't say enough good things about this brand and I just love everything about it. The Jewellery has a really authentic feel to it. It's handmade and so intricately detailed too- I can't help but marvel at the overall effect and craftsmanship. 

I'm certainly VERY excited to style these pink beauties this season! Have you had a look at any of Clare's designs? Do pop on over and have a peek...there's plenty to catch the eye!

*I was kindly gifted the jewellery above for the purposes of this post.






















Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig