14.2.18

Our family Valentine's day



If truth be told, I am not the greatest at marking Valentine's day. I mean, there was the year that I bought Eddy, my then boyfriend, a beautiful victoria sponge (his fave) heart-shaped cake...and 'snackcidentally' ate the thing before we even got to the 14th. 

No, not exactly my finest year for Valentines! 

In years since, we have marked the day in our own way; be it a meal out and trip to the cinema, or a cosy evening at home with a bottle of vino.
And you know what? I'm so content with that. I think Valentine's day has kinda escalated into such an enormous deal and not to mention an even larger industry too. It's exciting and there's definitely something to be said for all the beautiful blooms, balloons and bouquets that are everywhere, particularly this week!
 And yet, I guess over the years my tastes for the flamboyant and wonderful have simplified and calmed a little. Give me a hot bubble bath and half an hour to luxuriate alone and I'm there! (And yes, I am aware of how much of a 'mum comment' that is!) :p

Today, in my book, has been perfect though!
Mostly by the fact that Eddy has nearly gotten over the most horrendous bout of flu!- Thank goodness for that!
We started our day by attending church to mark Ash Wednesday and then took the kids off to an indoor play park. It certainly wasn't romantic by any standard but it was pure, blissful family time. Ultimately, I suppose today should be about being with loved ones and acknowledging the privilege it is to love and be loved.

I've heard a few rumours that there might be nice things coming my way later on today....in the form of some of my favourite blooms! But my day has definitely already been made and I'm really thankful for my four Valentines, my boys!
How lucky I am to be able to say that! :)

Happy Valentine's day to you and yours!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig