17.12.14

32 weeks pregnant




Hello everybody! Here we are, another week down and only one more week until Christmas! How exciting is that!? We have had a rather busy week ourselves, visiting friends over the weekend and working on various projects in between...the days seem to have disappeared! This weekend we are heading home to my parents to enjoy our Christmas break. But until the relaxation can begin there is a shed load of laundry, organising, shopping and cleaning that needs to be taken care of first! I know I will most definitely have my hands full for the next few days!
Anyway, moving on...this week has been really lovely, but in terms of pregnancy it has been a little more difficult. The usual late pregnancy symptoms are starting to really emerge and I have found myself feeling quite emotional about the next few months ahead. Knowing we are walking into a new season of life is both wonderfully exciting but also quite scary too. I have found myself looking at Noah and feeling a kind of melancholy sorrow that my focus on him is about to change drastically. I know this is normal and part of the dynamics of family life when the family expands, But I really feel the weight of the countdown is on and I'm trying to just cherish every moment with Noah the way things are now. 

Of course, it goes without saying that we, as our own family unit, are so completely on tenterhooks with excitement and anticipation of our new arrival. Noah reminds me every day that there is a baby in my tummy-by demanding he pull my top up and give my bump great big sloppy kisses. These are the moments that pull me back from my other worries and concerns: whether it be weight gain, stretch marks or fatigue, little Noah has a great gift for helping his mummy see life in perspective...even when it's so much harder doing so than saying so!

How far along? 32 weeks!

Total weight gain/ measurements? After seeming to have gained three pounds last week, I think my weight is balancing out a bit more this week as I have actually lost a pound instead of gaining. So right now I have gained a total of 28 lbs so far. My waist measures at 29" and my tummy measures 41 1/2", which is less than last week too. I'm wondering if the baby is starting to turn upside down and into position for birth, as my bump feels as if it may have dropped slightly! 

Maternity clothes: Okay, I know I have been so rubbish in saying I will post blogs about my maternity clothes and never getting around to it...I am, however, enjoying a few new pieces and I will try and get a post up later today showing you some of my latest faves.


Stretch marks: No new ones, but I have got a few suspicious tiny red dots here and there....I am watching them, but in reality there is nothing I can do about them. Perhaps they will disappear, perhaps not, but in the mean time, I'm not going to get too worked up about them!

Sleep: I went to Dunelm yesterday and pretty much bought every last pillow in sight. We have gone from using one pillow each, to three each today! My heartburn has been really awful lately and propping myself up really helps to manage it so I am enjoying sleeping much more than I had been!

Best moment this week? Probably having a good catch up with old friends in Birmingham. I also got to see one of my brothers who I haven't seen in months now, which was so SO nice! It's not always easy being away from loved ones for months on end, but that is why I am partly so excited for our Christmas this year and being able to have a real catch up with my own siblings. 

Miss anything? Not really


Movement? Yes, plenty every single day-which is what we want! This little one has particularly good timing in waking up just as I am lying down to sleep...then the party in my tummy really commences!

Food cravings? No cravings, but constant hunger is the new normal :s

Anything making you feel queasy or sick? Heartburn again :( It got worse this last week which isn't very nice. I am taking rennies after most meals now. Thank goodness for them otherwise I'm pretty sure my head would be in the toilet a lot of the time...not a very nice thought!

Gender? Boy!


Labour signs: Nope!

Symptoms: As I said, heartburn is really stepping up at the moment. I also feel my muscles are all quite loose at the moment which is typical of pregnancy hormones. I managed to accidentally pull my shoulder yesterday just by twisting around. Another symptom has been the crazy restless legs again, especially in the evenings! The only way I can relieve them is to massage my legs and feet. Poor Eddy has his work cut out!

Belly button in or out? Out


Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy/moody most of the time? Happy!

Looking forward to? Christmas! My family haven't all been together in such a long time now, it has actually been a year! I can't wait to see everyone!

That is everything for this week's update. Sorry it looks a bit like an essay but it feels like a lot is changing at the moment and it's nice to document those changes week by week. :) Don't forget to check in next week for my 33 week update!

Love Bunty
xXx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig