3.9.14

17 weeks pregnant

Hello again! Sorry it has been a quiet start to this week as far as blogging has been. I haven't been well this week and so my inspiration for doing interesting things has been at zero lol. So today I turn 17 weeks and it has been a good week in terms of pregnancy. My cold is gradually disappearing which is good because it's getting old now and I'm ready to feel better now!




How far along? 17 weeks!

Total weight gain/ measurements: So this week I actually lost a few pounds, which I think might be related to my not being well. Although I have been eating like a horse, the scales don't seem to be showing it this week. At the start of the week I lost 3 pounds and then gained one back. So my total weight gain this pregnancy is around 5-6 pounds. To be honest, I'm not too happy about that as I feel it should be more by now! But perhaps I'll have a week of gaining this week...who knows?! I'm also seeing my midwife soon so I will definitely be addressing this with her! 
My measurements are: waist 27", Tummy 34", hips 37"- all same as last week it would seem!


Maternity clothes: Definitely needed! I just can't bring myself to even want to wear tight trousers at the moment, even if they do still 'fit' relatively well. By the afternoons I feel huge and it's just so uncomfortable to be wearing anything tight. I've been on Asos this week looking at their maternity collection, I'm just holding out a little bit to wait for more of their autumn/ winter collections to be available as I'm definitely not looking for summer floaty dresses this pregnancy! 
I also need to get bra measured this week as all my bras are getting too small, tight and uncomfortable. 




Stretch marks: No new ones!

Sleep: Good, but never long enough! 

Best moment this week: Noah is starting to walk now and has taken his first steps. We are constantly watching him as I know he is going to really take off one of these days! 

Miss anything? not really.

Movement? Nothing really. There have been moments where I've stopped and wondered if that was an early baby flutter, but I can't be sure at this point. Hopefully this week there will be definite movement!

Food cravings? Salty foods are trumping sweet foods this weeks. I've definitely got a salt and vinegar/ pickled onion craving at the moment!

Anything making you feel queasy or sick? Not really.

Gender? Still don't know! However, based on the way that this pregnancy has been so opposite to Noah's, I wonder if this baby might be a dainty little girl? I can't say I have any 'intuition' or particular hunch, just that this pregnancy feels so much less impacting than last time around. I haven't gained nearly as much weight, my bump is TINY compared with last time and, most of the time, I really don't feel pregnant at all! 

Labour signs: Nothing!

Symptoms: My face has been breaking out really badly this last couple of weeks! It's never very pleasant and I just hope its a phase and doesn't last the whole pregnancy long. With Noah my skin was amazing the whole way through, so this definitely a new challenge for me!



Belly button in or out? In!

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or moody most of the time? I'm pretty happy at the moment, although I do notice how my mood can spiral downwards when I'm overtired. That said, I never like to use the whole 'i'm hormonal' excuse because I just feel we all have the choice to be nice to the people around us and we don't have to let our mood swings control us! That is definitely something i've learnt as a parent.

Looking forward to? We are planning a little getaway for the end of this month! Fingers crossed it all gets sorted because I know how exhausted Eddy is at the moment and he really deserves a bit of a break! I'm really looking forward to an actual 'no work allowed' break with him and Noah, and just to spend some precious time unwinding together. It's also nice because I'm not huge yet and I know that by six/ seven months pregnant, it can be more difficult to have relaxing holidays, so it will be nice to feel active and have that time to just dote on Noah 100% before this new bambino arrives.

I think that is everything for this week! Check in next wednesday for my 18 week update! 

Love Bunty
xXx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig