21.9.14

Relax mama!



"The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."


This is a beautiful sentiment from the poet William Ross Wallace, which I have been thinking about a lot recently. I first heard it in a very funny film we saw called mums night out, which follows the hectic life of a mother of three, struggling to keep her head above the water just getting through one day to the next.
Without preaching to the choir, the craziness of being a stay at home parent can be enough to scare the most career driven person. At times it can feel like a never ending chase for those nappies that need changing, those jammy fingers about to wipe the new carpets and that accident you can see just about to happen! As exhausting as it can be, how many of us honestly have the privilege of being able to say we are changing the world in our work? 
Part of my evening routine which I find helps me to relax is to clean the kitchen surfaces, hoover and get the last dishwasher cycle going. ( I know, I know, the glamorous life!) But a tidy environment really helps me to mentally unwind and enjoy my home after my baby has gone down to bed.
 Last night we had my sister and her family over for dinner and, after dinner as we all sat chattering, it was in that quiet moment that I could feel my other little baby squirming and wriggling inside my tummy, almost reminding me " Hi mum, I'm here too!." 
It's not always easy finding the balance between children, housework and relax time, but even I have to admit, it's nice to change up the routine sometimes and slow everything down a bit. And,dare I admit it, it's okay if we don't manage to get the floors hoovered one day! Just being together as a family is far more worthwhile and valuable than housework- even if I have to remind myself sometimes! 

Happy Sunday mamas, make time to relax with your family today!
Love Bunty
xXx








Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig