24.9.14

A trip to Whitstable

I've been a bit quiet again this week- sorry! We have been enjoying a couple of days in Whitstable with a friend and a couple of Eddy's brothers. It has been really nice to get away for a little while and I think it has done Eddy some good to mentally unwind a bit and spend some time with his best buds. 

Yesterday I decided to leave the boys playing rugby in the garden, in favour of a little retail therapy. I walked down to the local high street which is just so quaint and full of character. I'm not talking about your standard high street either: nearly every shop was an independent boutique selling the most beautiful home accessories, childrens toys, clothes, books, ladies fashion and so much more! Ohh, I could have spent much longer than I did, but I was actually quite late popping down and some of the shops were already closing!

It's funny because I closely studied the history of Whitstable for part of my BA dissertation and since we have had friends living there, I have been loving exploring the place little by little. There is such a timeless elegance to the architecture which is steeped in history. The whole feel of Whitstable, I feel, is like an eclectic mix of nautical inspired decor whilst remaining sympathetic to its Victorian heritage too. I kept my exploration to the main high street this time as I had limited time, but I certainly was not disappointed in the vast array of beautiful items for sale everywhere! I bought a couple of small things which I will gradually show you. For now though, here are a few snippet photos of some of the best features of the high street...Enjoy!










Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig