11.9.14

New side tables

Hello everyone! First off, big apologies, this was a post I meant to have up and loaded last week! But we seemed to just get so busy that it just never really happened.
Anyway, I wanted to show you my two side tables which I picked up from Amazon. They are simple pine flat packs which I thought would provide a nice little home project I could get my teeth into...and my paint pot!
 As soon as I found these on Amazon, I knew I wanted to paint them in a nice soft grey and I mentally pictured them either side of our daybed bringing some symmetry to our lounge area. I also thought some matching lamps would look nice, so I bought one in a dark check to test my 'autumn' colour scheme, and I think now I will go back and purchase another of the same to go on the opposite table.

Here is what the first table looked like put together...





I then took it outside to paint. I used Annie Sloan in the shade Paris Grey. It is fast becoming one of my all time favourites! Once more, I opted to leave the top panel as natural wood. I think it always adds to its charm and the colour of this pine is really lovely and dark. It looks very warm and homely which is right up my street for this season.




Here is a new lamp I brought to sit on top of the table. It really reminds me of typical 'highland' style and the colours are so lovely. I picked this up in Dunelm and I like it so much I think I will be popping back to pick up a twin for the other table!



Et voila! Im pretty happy with the final outcome, I think its calm and unfussy with just the lamp and radio sitting on the top. With a toddler on the run these days, I can't afford to have many breakable items within his reach!





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig