18.9.14

Pregnancy workout class


Today I went along to my first ever pre-natal workout at our local gym. I was a little apprehensive before I arrived, partly because I was running late and partly because I really didn't know what to expect or how my fitness might compare to others around me! 
Once I arrived, I was relieved to find myself in a class of two other ladies and met with our lovely instructor who pretty much gave us an hour of personal training. She was amazing in balancing all our needs (pre-natal and post-natal) and gave us all a beneficial workout which she adapted to make suitable for pregnancy. It felt great to be able to do some power walking and some resistance training in a safe environment where I was being shown exactly how to use each piece of equipment without putting any unnecessary strain on my body.
When I was pregnant with Noah, I really didn't stick to any sort of work out routine, however, already, with the small amounts of exercise I am doing now, I feel so refreshed and energised. 
I'm no 'gym bunny' by any means, I do have a lot more priorities than clocking up hours working out, but it is really nice to be able to take an hour out of my day to focus on strengthening my body and maintaining fitness. I'm hoping that some gentle but regular exercise will help me after this bambino does arrive, particularly with the tiredness that comes with caring for a newborn!
Bring on the next class!
xXx



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig