27.10.14

Golden Syrup Cookies



We've had a bit of a slow day today as we have one very poorly baby! After pretty much zero sleep last night, I decided to forgo the normal chores this morning and do some baking instead! A great way to cheer oneself up and instantly fill the house with beautiful smells of home-cooked goodness. Even Noah cheered up at the sight of  something good baking in the oven.

I decided to make some golden syrup cookies which were so simple to do, a child could literally throw this mix together and get it right.
I used 125g butter, 1/4 cups caster sugar, 2 tablespoons golden syrup, 3/4 cup self-raising flour.

To make the mix I creamed the butter and sugar and then added the remaining ingredients making sure to sieve the flour. 
Next, I made teaspoon sized balls of cookie batter and placed them on greased baking trays, leaving plenty of space between each ball.
I then baked them in the oven  at 180C for about 10-15 mins. After they turned a beautiful golden brown colour, I took the trays out, used cookie cutters to perfect the shape of each cookie and then placed them on a wire rack to harden and cool. 

I was having a play around with different ways to display the cookies and opted for a piece of lace (the same lace we used around our wedding cakes actually!) I then tied the cookies up with a neat bow. This would make such a cute party or wedding favour idea as it looks so good, tastes delicious and is so cost effective for large batches!

Happy baking friends!
Love Bunty
xXx





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig