24.10.14

Top five beauty tips!



I really enjoyed doing a 'top 5 skincare tips' post the other day and so I thought it would be fun to do a post on my top 5 beauty tips to compliment. Some of these tips are one's I have learnt along the way, and some of them I have only recently learnt, but I think they're all worth knowing about. Practically they save you time and money and, on those grounds alone, they are worth considering. These are all things that I have implemented into my own routine and by following these simple tips I have found that they have all made a positive difference.



1) Avoid brushing your hair in the shower
Sometimes it seems the easy option to comb through your tangles whilst in the shower, but the problem is that you are much more likely to experience more hair loss by brushing your hair in the shower as the heat of the water and steam naturally cause your pores and hair follicles to open. It's a better idea to brush your hair before you get into the shower, or afterwards when your scalp has had a few minutes to cool. 

2) Don't pump your mascara
How many of us instinctively, yet for absolutely no reason at all, pump our mascara wands in and out of the tube before applying it? Weird huh? The truth is that by doing this you are forcing air into the tube which dries the mascara solution out far quicker than necessary. When using your mascara, simply pull the wand out once and go from there, you will be amazed at how much longer the mascara lasts before needing replacing and in the long run, you will save pennies!

3) Keep your hands away from your face!
I always have to remind myself to stop poking my face, or playing with my hair as it's such a habitual thing for me. But the more contact our hands have with our face, the more the chance of transferring bacteria onto our face which is likely to cause outbreaks and sensitivity. Try to be conscious of not touching your face too much!

4) Watch the heat!
This is more hair related but, especially as we are moving into the cooler months, our hair can take quite a toll from the intensity of the cool air outside combined with the heat inside. Try to reduce unnecessary heat and damage to your hair by minimising how often you blow dry your locks and how often you use straighteners/curling irons. If you absolutely need to use heat to manage your hair, make sure to use plenty of heat prevention spray and give your hair a day off the next day!

5) Moisturise your skin
Again, winter is on the way which, for me, inevitably means dry skin is also on the way! Make sure to keep your skin moisturised and hydrated, especially by drinking lots of fluids. Take extra care of your hands as they are more likely to get the brunt of the weather: wear gloves, carry a hand cream in your bag and wear marigolds for the housework!




So those are my top 5 beauty tips- I hope they help some of you!
Love Bunty
xXx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig