23.7.14

Jamie Oliver Dinner

Recently I've been trying to get more into cooking the family meals as it is a bit of a longstanding joke that I am useless in the kitchen. I can bake a mean cake, but when it comes to actual family meals, I just don't know where to begin!
My mother has always been fantastic cook and growing up we always had wonderful meals to come home to. I love the idea of taking on a more 'domestic' role in the kitchen as so far, Eddy has definitely trumped my culinary skills! But I also think it would be nice for Noah to grow up eating lots of home cooked meals and, hopefully, having a mother who can actually throw ingredients together to make something tasty and nutritious!

I have really enjoyed following some of Jamie Oliver's recipes and creating meal plans around them. Last night I had a go at making his sausage carbonara from scratch- sauce and all- and I was so happy with the results! The recipe serves four which gave us plenty of leftovers for lunchtime today.
It was actually really simple in the end and has given me confidence that I CAN do this more often! 
Here is what my sausage Carbonara looked like....and, if I say so myself, it tasted amazing with the lemon zest!



Noah also really enjoyed his portion...concentrating very hard on every mouthful!

If you would like to see the recipe, click here. As you can see, I swapped the linguine for penne pasta as Noah finds penne easier to eat.

Hope you all find some dinner time inspiration from Jamie too!
Love Bunty
xXx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig