6.7.14

Sunday Flea Market

This morning Rosie and I popped into South Molton to check out a flea market that was happening. This took place in the local Pannier market, the hub of trade every Thursday when the weekly farmers market takes hold of the town! It was wonderful to look around and take in all the local talent which comprised of home accessories, carved wooden goods, shabby chic furniture and vintage stalls amongst a whole array of other small businesses. I was particularly taken by a young boy, Jake, who was the proud owner of his own stall 'Jakes Bakes,' from where I tested a delicious raspberry and white chocolate loaf muffin. (You can visit his facebook page here.) 


As we arrived, the smell of coffee and baked goods had us searching for the source! Smiling locals were wandering around, enjoying everything the market had to offer! We joined in, having a good old nosey through all the wonderful pieces of furniture and decorative items...how I wish I owned a mini-van for days like today! 

I stumbled upon a charming stall which featured some beautiful handmade cushions made from hessian and cotton. They were charming with their various prints on the front. I got talking to the owners who were delightful! They used to own a shop in the town called ENI, which I remember frequenting often. It had some wonderful pieces of furniture, home accessories and ladies-wear inside. In fact there was always something that caught my fancy when I perused their shelves. However, since vacating the shop premises, the owners have continued selling their goods online at their website, www.eni-uk.co.uk where you can treat yourself to something truly beautiful!


I also came across a stall run by Anna Barry who is the skill behind her business 'Stitch It'. A proud young mummy with some beautiful homemade decorative goods, she has a real talent for taking simple objects like wooden crates and turning them into something beautiful for the home. I particularly liked her use of hessian to cover her cushions and her wooden stool. It's always such a treat for me to get to meet local talent and have the opportunity to 'network' a bit. Anna is based in George Nympton and you can contact her at anna.barry56@yahoo.com. Alternatively, you can also contact her by calling 07915917353.


After all that chattering and getting to meet some inspiring new
  people, Rosie and I headed off in search of a cup of tea! I really enjoyed this morning and look forward to seeking out more flea markets and small businesses to represent on the blog!



Hope you're all having a blissful Sunday,
Love Bunty
xXx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig