10.6.14

Finding relevance for vintage items

A few years ago my mother in law bought me this beautiful pyjama holder from a local antiques centre. It's made of linen and still has the initials of the original owner on the inside. I had never seen anything quite like it and I would love to know the story behind it! Sadly, I also don't know what era it came from!
 The embroidery is so pretty and sweet, and of course, being light blue, it's perfect for a little boy!
I'm going to start putting Noah's pyjamas in here during the day. For one thing, I know it will be much easier to locate them when I need to as he loves throwing them around his room during the day!




I think it's nice to find a relevant use for pre-loved items, whether by restoring and re-upholstering furniture or giving a lick of paint to some sorry looking piece of wood! It's good to know some items in your home have an element of mystery which goes further than their manufacture at Ikea! (I do love Ikea btw!)
Love Bunty
xXx





<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12396701/?claim=mvgn6abjwks">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig