18.6.14

Modern day Cinderella?


Haha, what a title right?! To explain that one, there are days in the Morton household that are far from glamorous and I think today is going to be one of them! Normally I like to do a thorough deep clean of the house once a week and try to get to the bottom of the laundry pile too.(No task for the faint hearted!)

If you haven't already guessed it, I am hugely OCD about keeping my home tidy, clean and as presentable as I can. I just can't seem to relax when I know there's mess around me! It is fairly easy to maintain in this house as it is not a huge space and our living room is open plan. 

 But then there are mornings like today where my living space could be mistaken for a monkey's training ground. Laundry hanging from the curtain rails, toy basket piled high, bins waiting to go out, not forgetting the state of my kitchen table- post breakfast...oh, and have you seen my laundry basket?! Yeah, yesterday it was three times that amount piled high! 







Getting through the daily chores does bring huge satisfaction because for me, it is one of my roles in keeping the home and family organised and comfortable. When my husband gets home from work, I think it's important to have our home looking somewhat relaxing so that he can mentally unwind and enjoy his evening in a nice space. It's just something i'm aware of in trying to balance the importance of Noah's play time during the day (which means toys being strewn everywhere) with creating a soothing atmosphere for Eddy and myself to chill out in the evenings. 
Don't be fooled though, our house is far from 'show home' standard. Realistically, it is lived in and played in and the marks of Noah are becoming more permanent! But as a mummy I feel very sensitive to balancing the needs of every one of us and if that means getting the hoover out for the third time because dinner ended up on the floor, then that's fine with me.
Modern day Cinderella? I guess I am reminded of this because i'm sitting at my computer at 10am today in my pj's because I've been looking after Noah and trying to get on top of the housework all morning. (It was an early start today!) He's just gone down for his morning nap which means I have a second to post this online and actually think about getting dressed and looking in the mirror! Win! Honestly, I really do love days like this where i'm learning the only way to manage is to 'go with the flow' and enjoy every hiccup and bump along the way!

Have a lovely day guys!
Bunty
xXx




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig