8.6.14

Sprucing up the daybed

I have a daybed in my lounge which I bought the year we got married. However, I must confess I have had a bit of a love/hate relationship with it! It is a lovely piece of furniture and easily provides a room with a touch of that shabby chic charm I do so love. But it doesn't provide the support of a sofa, as it has a very deep seat. We are currently deciding what to do with it, do we send it off to some other happy home and finally invest in a quality sofa?!


 For the time being I thought I would 'spruce' it up a bit in time for summer. In the past i've tended to have a fitted sheet covering the mattress and then simply decorate it with my cushions. But i've gotten so fed up of it really looking like a bed in the living room, sheets and all! I decided to make my own thin blanket covering for it, which I feel bridges the gap a little more between day bed and lounge settee. It feels much more snuggly and cosy with a little layer of softness now and it looks so much nicer in general. Eddy and I use it mainly for watching movies in the evenings or easy tv, it's definitely associated with our chill out time as a couple and so I wanted the colour scheme of the fabric to reflect that.


I chose a fairly neutral taupe cotton fabric which I picked up in Dunelm, along with thick wadding for the interior of the cover. It was pretty easy to make, all it required was careful measuring of the daybed as I wanted to ensure the cover fell below the front.

I'm really pleased with the result, I think it's calming and inviting and I might just have to test it out tonight with a movie!



 I hope you're all having a relaxing evening,
Love Bunty
xXx




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig