19.6.14

Magazine home inspiration


I'll admit I have a bit of a 'thing' for home ideas magazines. I love to flick through and pick up ideas for different rooms of the house, I find they always offer something i've not thought about before! One of my all time favourite mags is Country Homes and Interiors from where I have found all kinds of resources from design ideas to a whole database of websites selling home accessories and furniture. It's sort of become a 'dream job' kind of aspiration of mine, to work in home decor and scour the world for inspiration and new ideas. For the time being though, I enjoy plotting how I would love to transform our living space...yeah, if money were no object! 

But it's something I find a lot of pleasure in thinking about. I love that if you are bored with a space or piece of furniture, it needn't cost much to breathe a bit of life into it. Whether by putting a fresh lick of paint on the walls or painting some furniture, even re-upholstering. There are so many opportunities to learn new skills, especially on the internet these days, which make it easy enough for you to make a D.I.Y project out of your idea. I always find a great deal of satisfaction in doing my own home projects by myself, in a way you end up creating memories for your home. For example, I will always remember painting my kitchen dresser whilst in a crazy 'nesting' mode that came at the end of my pregnancy with Noah. 

Anyway, I thought I would share with you some of my favourite online resources that I have come across since my obsession with home interior magazines. I love these websites because they seem to always meet my need one way or another and they always get my 'creative juices' flowing!

Dotty Brown- For all your fabric needs! There is something for everyone here!

Sophie Allport- Some beautiful illustrated themes that run through her ranges of soft furnishings, china & cookware- to name but a few!

Cabbages and Roses- Basically, I would like to own everything on offer here!

Nordic House- Again, with stunning ranges of home accessories and soft furnishings you could easily find a present for a loved one here...or just treat yourself!

I hope you all find some home inspiration from these lovely sites!
Bunty
xXx


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig