28.11.14

Hold your husband up


I remember chatting to my mother in law a few years ago and she was telling me how, as wives, we sometimes have to be all things in the domestic home. But one of the most important things we have to be is a consistent support to our husbands. For us mums who work at home raising the family, it is so important for us to also be available to our husbands when they get home, as an ear to listen to. There are times when we have to boost their morale and build them up to be able to go out the next day and strive to succeed in their work goals.
For my husband, today has been one of those days where it seems like everything that could possibly go wrong, has gone wrong. Sometimes it's just rotten luck, but it can feel like your world is crashing around you when life's problems build up and looking for clarity seems fruitless.
In spite of what has become quite a stressful day for us, I feel remarkably calm in knowing that there is a plan in all of this. We just don't have the answers today.
One thing I do know is that God has been present in our home this week. I often feel most aware of this when life isn't going to plan and this week has been a shining example of that. Miraculously, I have felt calm and collected when my husband has needed it most, which, if you have seen my recent pregnancy posts, may seem hard to believe!
 But I think there is a real miracle of family life when we trust God in the good times AND the bad, for better or for worse.

Whilst our American friends across the pond are celebrating 'Thanksgiving' today, I feel compelled to be consciously thankful for such wonderful friendships Eddy and I are blessed with, for their unfaltering support of us. I'm thankful for my husband, my family and most of all our faith, which sustains us through thick and thin. 




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig