30.11.14

Our Advent Tree



This year, we have decided to have a little 'Advent tree' in our lounge. The idea being that gradually throughout Advent, we will add decorations to the tree in anticipation of Christmas day finally arriving-a bit like an Advent calendar in reverse!
The tree itself is one I found in Next and has fairy lights running all the way through the branches. Noah absolutely loves this as, at 4 feet high, it is the perfect size for him to get up close to. I also have two metal reindeer which were the first decorations to go on. Noah keeps taking them off and 're-arranging' them elsewhere on the tree...he seems to prefer it when the reindeer share a branch, haha!


The star at the top is one I have had for several years now, I used to pop it on the top of my own family Christmas tree before I was married. It really has special sentimental value to me and is a nice reminder in its own way of the true Christmas story.
I love that we are starting to create our own family traditions as our family expands. What are your favourite Christmas traditions?

Love Bunty
xXx






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BUNTY | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig